Through our work, each of us have the opportunity and the responsibility to put our system of basic values into action — to model the behaviour that we want to see in the world.
Creating these designs, I believe have ethical responsibilities to:
- the client in the nature of my dealings with them and the work I produce for them;
- the audience in the content and truthfulness of the marketing I create;
- the actors in the way their image is presented and manipulated;
- the culture in presenting images that recognise their responsibility in promoting behaviour, tolerance and the progress of an inclusive society;
- the environment in producing works that are designed to optimise responsible use and minimise waste, and offset carbon used in my part of production and creation;
- my colleagues across the world in respecting the sanctity of their images and ideas and treating them with respect;
- myself and my staff in terms of presenting our time and work as worthwhile and worthy of fair treatment and remuneration.
I believe that only a design that is fundamentally truthful will truly succeed, and that design without ethics is simply decoration.